Things you may have forgot to bring to your student room
Arrived at your student digs to find that you’ve forgotten that essential item? Don’t panic, there aren’t many freshers that have everything to hand that they need, even if you loaded the car boxes and suitcases, you’ll probably realise you didn’t need to bring half the stuff you packed weeks down the line.
If you’re preparing to fill up all the available space in the car or you’re wondering what it is that’s missing from your room, we’ve got the list of the common but essential items that students forget to take with them.
- Coat hangers – Your room will no doubt come with a wardrobe but it’s pretty useless if you haven’t brought any coat hangers with you. You can pick some up cheaply on the high street and they don’t take up much space.
- Storage solutions – When it comes to size, your room is likely to be on the small side, especially when you think about everything you need to fit in. Investing in some storage solutions can help keep everything organised.
- Bottle opener – With drinking typically being high on the agenda for freshers, a bottle opener will become an essential kitchen item.
- Washing powder – Unless you plan on taking washing home every weekend, which we’re sure your mum won’t thank you for, you’re going to need to head down to the supermarket to buy some washing powder.
- Decorations for your room – Make your room feel like home in an instant with your favourite photographs and posters. If you’ve forgotten them, you can often pick up decorations on campus in those first few weeks.
- Extension cables – Your room might be small but you’ll find the sockets are never where you want them. Take an extension cable with you to fix that problem right away.
- Flash drive – Make it easy to work on projects whether you’re at home or in the library by having a flash drive you can store all your vital work on.
- Formal clothing – You might don’t think so but there are times when you’ll need smart clothing, from job interviews to the end of term ball.
- First aid supplies – Ever heard of freshers’ flu. Get prepared by gathering together all the first aid supplies you could need before it strikes.
- Ear plugs – Your roommates aren’t always going to be partying when you are. Make sure your sleep isn’t disturbed by picking up some ear plugs when you get the chance.