ENGAGE, INVEST, EXPLOIT (EIE) is Scotland’s premier annual investor showcase of high-quality technology companies including spin-outs from Scotland’s world leading universities and early stage companies from their wider entrepreneurial eco-system. The showcase event focuses on cutting edge technology companies across a wide range of sectors, and took place this year on May 12 at Edinburgh’s Assembly Rooms. City Room Rentals picked up the accolade of ‘Spirit of EIE’ which was new to this year’s format and in recognition of the businesses performance throughout the process. (Check out our company highlights video HERE)
EIE16 attracted over 160 investors from Scotland, the UK, Europe, Asia and America and included corporate venturers, venture capitalists, business angel syndicates and high net worth individuals and gave the country’s brightest entrepreneurial start-ups the chance to pitch to a hall full of international investors. Organised by Informatics Ventures, EIE has grown into the largest investor showcase of its kind in the UK and has been the mechanism to more than £350million of funding since commencing in 2008.
With Applications opening last year around November time, the company was selected to showcase at the event and highlighted as one of the TOP 5 TO WATCH
Varies courses and commitments included:
• ‘Life’s a pitch’ with the ‘pitch Doctor’ himself, Bill Joos a leading VC consultant;
• Pitch preparation workshop with Maryanne Johnstone;
• Professional video pitch sent to all investors prior to the event, produced by Beyongolia Media;
• Materials preparation which included pod artwork, investor brochure and one pager Exec Summary;
• The Final Countdown which included a residential event with dinner followed by a full day of training sessions in preparation for the event;
• Rehearsal Day took place the day before which included final tweaks to pitches and venue familiarisation;
• EIE16- Full day from 7am until 11pm with networking, pitches and dinner awards ceremony.
The build-up events commenced just after Christmas and took around 1 day a week away from the business, future companies considering applying for EIE17 should consider this time commitment. For businesses serious about scaling globally there is no better place to showcase your company to an international investor audience. City Room Rentals utilised the event and exposure to update investors about its continued growth and to open up talks to take the successful business model into Key European cities in 2017.
Stay tuned for further updates from City Room Rentals as the year progresses. Please feel free to contact us for any further information or discussions on business services.